6 Steps To Make Your Lips Look Bigger- NATURALLY

Wednesday 11 October 2017
For as long as I can remember I have wanted bigger lips. I don't know if it's because I spent my teenage years obsessed with celebrities like Angelina Jolie and Adriana Lima or because I genuinely felt bigger lips suited my face (oh the trivial insecurities of teenage me). So ever since I was 15 and discovered lip liner for the first time, I have desperately been trying everything and anything to make them look bigger! I once read that cinnamon is a natural lip plumper so I mixed some with Vaseline, slapped it on... and instantly regretted it. Fifteen minutes with a cold flannel on my red raw lips told me that I needed to find other ways to enhance my lip size!

So keep scrolling if you'd like to see the six steps I use to fake your way to bigger lips!

Before Picture



1. Exfoliate


Just like your face, your lips need to be exfoliated too! Either use a toothbrush or an edible lip scrub (I love this apple flavored one from Grounded) to scrub away any flakes. Not only will this make your lips soft and smooth but it will boost circulation meaning they'll automatically look more plump!




2. Hydrate


Moisturised lips will always look bigger! Plus makeup applies 10X nicer on a hydrated base. I have a no frills no fuss approach to lip balms as I'm quite prone to allergic reactions. Go for a waxy balm enriched with oils & butter over something wet like Vaseline as it could end up drying lips out more. This Nivea one has never let me down!



Essential Care Lip Balm- Nivea- £1.65


3. Contour


One of my fave tricks is to use contouring to fake the appearance of bigger lips. Simply add some bronzer underneath your bottom lip and pop a bit of highlighter above the cupids bow. This will add more depth to your lip line, making your lips look poutier.



Bronzer- Freedom Contour Kit- £3.50

Highlight- Smashbox Halo Wand in Pearl- £26



4. Overline

The trick with over-lining your lips is to only go slightly outside your lip line to ensure it stays looking natural. Take a look at where your lips need more plumpness, for me my top lip is smaller than the bottom, so I overdraw it to balance it out. You can even change the shape of your lips by making your cupids bow flatter or pointier, its all personal preference so have a play around and find what suits you.

I like to start by drawing out my natural shape first with a nude liner.



Then I use a darker colour to overdraw and add more definition.




Filling in the sides and adding lines in the centre adds to the 3D effect and ombre look(Leading on to the next step).


NYX- Slim Lip Pencil- Mauve- £3  (These lip liners are incredible for only £3!!)

Mac- Pro Longwear Lip Pencil- Absolutely It- £15.50 (Incredible colour pay off & staying power)



5. Ombre

An ombre style lip is not only on trend but the best way to make your lips look larger! Things that are lighter automatically look bigger so using a lighter shade in the centre of your lip does exactly that. For most natural looking results use two similar lip shades, darkest on the outside. Nudes and lighter colours are better as darker colours can sometimes minimise lips.


Add the highlight shade to the centre of the lip




Maybelline- Color Drama Lip Contour Palette- Blushed Bombshell- £11.99

This palette is perfect for ombre as it includes all the colours you need, a highlighter and a little brush!


6. Gloss

To finish the look off pop a bit of sparkly gloss or a cream highlighter into the centre to amp up the drama even more. The shiny particles will play tricks with the light making your pout look larger than life!



Estee Lauder gloss- Light Pink


And voila! Bigger lips. Now you should probably be feeling a little bit like Kylie Jenner/Angelina Jolie....But seriously look at the difference a bit of makeup can make and no injections needed! Do it correctly and the only thing you should have to top up is the lip gloss, meaning you can keep up the illusion of bigger lips all night.






Have you ever tried anything crazy in the name of beauty?? Let me know in the comments.

Love,
Sadie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment