The Best of the Full coverage foundations

Thursday 24 December 2015


Us beauty lovers are always striving for the best! We're forever on the lookout for the newer, better, more lust-worthy products. Therefore I've decided to make a 'The Best Of' series to showcase to you all my personal favourite and in my opinion the best make up products.

I couldn't have started this series any other way than with full coverage foundations. Imagine all the foundations you can think of that promise full coverage and I guarantee I've either tried, tested or researched. I'm obsessed! Forever searching in the hope that I find 'The One'. However I need to block out the idealist side of me and show you what's real, the full coverage foundations that I love and wear most regularly.

1. Estee Lauder double wear stay in place make up 
This gem has been awarded foundation of the year 2 years in a row and it is clear why. It glides on the skin smoothly and instantly covers without needing a second layer to build up and has a matte almost airbrushed finish. The best thing about double wear as the name implies, is it stays on literally all day & night, I've even wore it to the gym. Plus the wide range of shades allows everyone to find their perfect colour. The only downfall of this product is how quick drying & matte it is, drier skin types may want to opt for double wear light instead, however prepping the skin with moisturiser and a hydrating primer should do the trick. 100% recommend!
-I wear colour Ecru without tan & Dawn with tan.
-Price £29.50

2. Mac studio fix fluid spf 15 foundation


A top pick from make up artists & beautyaholics alike. Mac is seen as the holy grail of full coverage foundations because its used for stage makeup and it does not disappoint. This has been my foundation love since I was 18, it completely colour corrects and covers without feeling heavy due to it being liquid based. Stays on a very long time, perfect for nights out or under hot stage lights. However I would say the colour range seems to be better for slightly tanned skin as I haven't found a colour to match me when I'm not tanned yet, slightly yellow, warmer colours.
- I wear NW20
- Price £22

3. Smashbox Studio Skin

The most recent addition to my foundation hall of fame. Smashbox is photography make up and this product will leave you looking photo ready all day & all night. Without SPF so photo's with a flash won't be a problem as it will prevent the dreaded 'white face' look. It's matte but hydrating so feels light on the skin and no drying. You seriously need to try this foundation!
- I wear 1.1 without a tan and 2.2. with tan
- Price £29

4. Loreal true match foundation
This is a little liquid miracle in a bottle. So smoothing and extremely buildable I wear a lot of this product without it looking cakey. Brilliant range of colours living up to it's name. However I find the staying power of this isn't that great you definitely need to set it with a heavier powder for it to last. Perfect for beauty on a budget.
-I wear colour w3
-Price £9.99

5. No7 Beautifully Matte foundation
Boots own brand No7 have created this full coverage beauty. Completely covering and mattifying. Hypo-allergenic so great for people with sensitive skin. Wide range of colours. Stays on throughout the day without powder. Great price. Only problem I had with this product was it felt quite heavy on the skin and the colours weren't yellow enough for me but a great alternative to some higher end products!
-I wear warm beige with a tan and warm ivory without.
-Price £13.50

Thank you for reading, I hope the first post in the series was helpful, comments are welcome :)
Sadie xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment