The Best of the Highlighters

Monday 14 December 2015

Highlighters

Highlighting and the strobing technique have become HUGE this year and I am eternally grateful that 2015 is the year of the glow! I am obsessed with capturing that dewy, shiny, glowy & iridescent sheen we all crave so much. That's why I am going to unveil my knowledge to you and slightly try to justify my elaborate highlighter collection with this post.

1. Mac mineralize skin finish- Soft and gentle
This. Highlighter. Will. Change. Your. Life. Seriously hands down the best one I have ever used, I died went to highlight heaven and the angels conjured up this gold dust for me. So pigmented, brush it on lightly for a subtle glow or build the product up and go for serious strobing. A flattering champagne colour that works with all make up looks and most skin tones. You basically need this.
-Price £24.50

2. Benefit Whatts Up
Don't let the cutesy packaging fool you this product means business. A wax formula that glides on for an intense champagne gold highlight. A sheen more than a glitter. It stays on all day and doesn't budge your make up. I wear on night out under a powder to give cheeks an extra pop
-Price £24.50

3. MUA undress your skin highlighting powder
Cheap but very very cheerful, these powder highlighters from MUA are extremely pigmented and long lasting, incredible prodcuts for a mere £3! There only downfall is the colours are quite bright rather than being a natural highlight but if you're a make up fanatic like me you'll love the colour.
-Price £3

4. Bobbi Brown shimmer brick- Beige

A mix of colours to create the perfect natural glow. Top tip is to use different sections on the eyes as shimmery eyeshadows. This products a little on the pricey side but worth investing as they last forever, I'll probably be a little old highlighted granny by the time I hit pan on this beauty.
-Price £33

5. Benefit High Beam
Definitely the best of the liquid highlighters. Creates a pearly pink iridescent glow. Brush on dots then pat in gently with fingers to ensure the product doesn't budge your make up. Looks beautiful on brow bone & cupids bow also great dotted under foundation as an illuminator.
-Price £19.50
6. Make up revolution highlighter palette- radiance
Okay please don't hate me for posting 6 instead of 5 but I just had to include this beautiful palette from make up revolution. Three neutral highlight shades will suit so many skin tones and different looks and they stay on the skin for so long. The best part is the price, such an incredible bargain, so I suggest you head to the nearest super drug now!
-Price £8

Thank you so much for reading dolls, I love nothing more than gushing to you about my favourite make up! There's something about talking about highlighters that makes me go all mushy (And the rest of the female population right), there like the notebook of make up products!
Sadie xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment